Sunday, February 8, 2009

Much to do...



Wow - it has been a long time since I've picked up the...er...keyboard, and I'm on the technology side of things for the moment (though Sharkfest is coming up...)

Several new things coming up: I've upgraded to a ThinkPad X301, and to net it out, this is the best notebook I've ever seen. Truly a work of art.

Next up: Win7 Beta, currently running on the X301 and the quick word on that s Win7 is going to be a huge winner.

The house is getting some new gear, too.

My new D-Link DIR-655 arrives tomorrow to match the 802.11N capability of the ThinkPad as well as provide the Gigabit backbone for the last (but not least) interesting piece of technology - the Netgear ReadyNAS Duo.


The ReadyNAS gives me 500GB of mirrored, Web-accessible storage that can host folders, backups, song and picture libraries and more.

All of this promises to be an interesting journey, and I'm really looking forward to getting it all running together. I'll get to the ThinkPad and Win7 first (and soon).

No comments: