Thursday, July 24, 2008

iPhone Pros and Cons

Pros

Living with it so far is just what I'd hoped - easy access to e-mail, pix, stocks, weather, etc. etc. I've used almost everything on the main panel except the Notes (which is a matter of time) and YouTube (which won't get many clicks). If there is a way to move the icons, I haven't noticed it yet, but no biggie. My old phones made it so hard to get to any things like a calculator, maps, stock, etc. that I pretty much never used them.

Love how it capitalizes addresses, cities, states, etc. automatically. I was so tired of capitalizing the "C" in "NC" on the WM6 Blackjack

The visual voicemail and the whole phone interface are great. Just as easy as they look.


Cons
Battery life is pretty much a day if you're messing with it at all. I'm going to have to get used to carrying the data cable so I can charge from USB, or get a new one to run around with.

I wish there were some other way to get pictures on the thing other than iTunes, especially since my pictures are mainly on my ThinkPad. My wife and daughter use the iMac for their iPods, etc., so that creates an issue. As it turns out, I can install a copy of iTunes on the ThinkPad and just use it for pix - which means I won't be able to do that on the Mac. Ah well.

The bottom part of the case seems warm with continued use.

I'm still feeling very gentle and nervous about it. I'm going to hate the first scratch...

I'll update this a bit later...

No comments: